Hardee's Chicken Fingers Left Open In Fridge Overnight?

Hey guys,

Ordered a 20 pack of chicken fingers last night and put the leftovers in the fridge, I had some for lunch a few minutes ago and they tasted alright. I'm just wondering if I should consider throwing the rest away? They're being refrigerated but not air-tight sealed.

I have emetophobia and I'm working on it! I just want to be sure I don't have anything to worry about. Bear with me as I get over this annoying phobia!

As long as they have been cold, they are fine. The worst thing that is going to happen to them is they will dry out from not being in an air tight container.

Your fine

I work in a restaurant and I deal with all types of food, so I would know what is safe vs what isn't!

The danger zone for bacteria growing on foods is 40F-140F, anything in that zone is potentially dangerous to your health!  Food that is left out at temps in that zone for 4 or less hours can be saved IF they are cooled back down to below 40F or heated up to over 140F. Any food left out for more than 4 hours, needs to be tossed out, because bacteria is already on it, and can't be erased.

The food was kept in your fridge at below 40F, and it has only been 12 hours or less, your fine to eat them. 

Toss the rest after 2-3 days if not eaten.

Wow - Snowflake you should get a clue - what in the world are you storing in your refrigerator that would cause concern - rabid raccoons, HIV infected semen? 

• CB
      4 weeks agoReport

IF I believed you then why don't you know this information  - anyone that has that problem would certainly research theshit out of the ways food borne pathogens spread.....

• Mark

No, if anything, the might be a little dry, but still quite edible.

• Janet

They needed to be refrigerated. Being left open causes no harm . the worst that will happen is that some of the moisture in them will evaporate and they will be a little dry/tough. Still good to eat.

• audrey

They're fine. They were refrigerated. Should be good for at least 2 more days.