Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Is it possible to get some type of loan with poor credit to remodel my home?

very poor it's shot but own my home no one can help me :(

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Possibly. But if your credit is poor, you can expect to get horrendous repayment rates, and possibly a loan shark who'll break your legs if you don't pay...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Not likely a personal loan but you may be eligible for a HELOC.

• 1 month ago

if you are poor, remodeling shouldn't be your main concern....as long as its functional.

if possible sell it and down size.

my town did have a grant program for home repairs, but not cosmetic work or un necessary upgrades, everything provided is low end

yeah, right, people are just tripping over themselves to help the disabled....i contacted MANY churches....and the one christian response I got was that they don't have the personnel to help...not with simple every day things like running a few local errands, carrying light clutter down the stairs......

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Having poor credit is a good indicator that you do not have enough money to pay the bills you already have.     If you can't pay the bills you already have, perhaps you shouldn't be borrowing money for granite countertops and new hardwoods. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If 'it's shot' means that your roof is leaking or that the basement floods, there are charities that will help you; Habitat for Humanity for example.  Your church will also have access to resources.

If the walls need painting and you are disabled, there are organisations that will help with that too.  Otherwise roll up your sleeves and get painting.

If you mean you want a new kitchen and bathroom, you might have to put up with what you have or get a job to pay for the work.  With poor credit a loan will have to be secured against the house.  If you default, you will become homeless.

• 1 month ago

Probably not.

Home equity loans are very tough to get with poor credit as they are very risky.

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What exactly do you wish to do to your home and how physically fit are you?

Many will give you a loan on your home even with poor credit, becouse f you don't pay, they take the home from you. Is that the risk you really want to take?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.