Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

How many novels have you gotten traditionally published?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

None. I feel that traditional publishing is a dying market. I mostly read ebooks and self-published pieces these day. I only write for myself, so I imagine I'll just self-publish if I even bother to do that much.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Six. The last two haven't earned out yet, which is a little troubling. This is not a good career for the faint of heart.

• 1 month ago

Two. The first did well, the second less so. I didn't realize my publisher was in trouble financially, not promoting books but scrambling to pay bills and royalties, when the second one was released. I consider myself lucky that I got my rights back before they went under.

My plan is to self-publish those two again, but I have to buy cover art and figure out the Amazon part. I'm not real techie, so it's a struggle.

• ...Show all comments
    • MsBittner
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Thanks for the encouragement. I see people I think are not terribly bright managing well enough, so I can do this!

• 1 month ago

Me? At the last count, between about fourteen and fifteen thousand. Always glad to answer a genuinely intelligent and well thought-out question.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Zero. I'm not a fiction writer and I have yet to write any book-length non-fiction.

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Seven                .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.