Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

How many novels have you gotten traditionally published?

None. I feel that traditional publishing is a dying market. I mostly read ebooks and self-published pieces these day. I only write for myself, so I imagine I'll just self-publish if I even bother to do that much.

Six. The last two haven't earned out yet, which is a little troubling. This is not a good career for the faint of heart.

Two. The first did well, the second less so. I didn't realize my publisher was in trouble financially, not promoting books but scrambling to pay bills and royalties, when the second one was released. I consider myself lucky that I got my rights back before they went under.

My plan is to self-publish those two again, but I have to buy cover art and figure out the Amazon part. I'm not real techie, so it's a struggle.

• MsBittner
      1 month agoReport

Thanks for the encouragement. I see people I think are not terribly bright managing well enough, so I can do this!

Me? At the last count, between about fourteen and fifteen thousand. Always glad to answer a genuinely intelligent and well thought-out question.

Zero. I'm not a fiction writer and I have yet to write any book-length non-fiction.

• Fuhr

Seven                .