JonathanB asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

My cat is making a weird sound after I spoon fed him peanut butter. What should I do now?

I shoved a bunch of peanut butter into my cats mouth and made sure that he had at least a heaping spoonful worth. I was bored but now I'm worried about my cat. He's making a weird sound.

• Athena

Run to your computer and ask random strangers on a BB ????

• Ocimom

Get your cat to the vet NOW.  Take the peanut butter with you.  If it has Xylitol in the ingredients, you can kill your cat or dog.  This sweetner has killed several dogs/cats recently.

Me Basset Hound puppy eated peanuts butter all the time and he's fine. No worries mate. 

• PAMELA

You are an animal abuser, you may have killed the cat too, it may be choking, you moron.

Reported for FLAME BAITING. You're a pathetic TROLL. I pity that you have nothing better with your time and think abusing animals is funny. You will go REALLY far in life - NOT!

So, the first thing you have to know here is that the texture of peanut butter doesn’t work well for cats. It’s a sticky substance, and this stickiness can lead to choking, which is definitely not a good thing.

The second problem is related to the chemistry of peanut butter. It contains lots of proteins, oils and fats, and all these food components are not very healthy for a cat. If you give your cat small amounts of peanut butter on special occasions, it’s not a problem, but giving them peanut butter regularly is not the best idea. It’s definitely not the best idea, because eating too much peanut butter will 100% lead to obesity, diabetes and to an upset stomach. You don’t want your cat to have such problems, right?

Another reason why we don’t recommend to feed your cat with peanut butter is called “aflatoxins”. This chemical substance can cause cancer, so if you wanna prevent cat liver cancer, well, you know what you should do.

We also recommend to avoid peanut butter because of sugar. Eating too much sugar can lead to parasites, yeast infection and even tumors. Not to mention diabetes and premature aging!

The last problem we’d like to mention here is… mouse traps. Some people use peanut butter as baits for mice, and it’s certainly a bad idea if you have a cat in your house. Cats can get caught in mouse traps, too, and despite it’s usually not fatal, well, it’s still very painful.

Oh, and of course, you have to avoid this product if your cat is allergic to peanut butter. Vomit, diarrhea (peanut butter and diarrhea is quite a common problem) are the clear signs that your cat is allergic.

1. choking

2. too fat

3. can cause liver cancer

4. sugar (yeast, tumors, and parasites)

5.  could be alergic

• audrey

You should be arrested for animal cruelty.

• Raven

go away, freak

An account made 3 hours ago. Yup, seems legit.