Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

I saw cops speaking to a Mexican in Spanish. How triggered should I be that my tax dollars are wasted training bilingual cops?

Everyone in America should speak English!  

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Actually not at all, especially since your ancestors probably didn't speak English. 

Tell you what -- How learning an Indigenous language like Navajo or Cherokee?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

You HEARD police officers.........NOT saw.  Police Officers are NOT trained to speak Spanish - they learn this in high school.

• 1 month ago

The cops you saw are of Hispanic origin and bilingual. You should know they live in areas where Spanish is predominantly spoken.

• 1 month ago

I see the TROLL is having a good fish day, No need to respond any further

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, English should be our national language. Unfortunately, our Congress neglected it's task as usual. Not only are we losing many tax dollars in training police officers this language, we are losing much more in training teachers, social workers, etc. If Congress had done their job this would not be necessary.

• Dan
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Why should it be our national language?

• 1 month ago

In the 1840s, when we took over more than half of what used to be Mexico, we signed a treaty with the Mexicans already here, promising that they could keep their Hispanic culture, their Catholic religion, and their Spanish language.  Consequently, all across the western US, every large city has a Spanish-speaking neighborhood (used to be called The Latin Quarter) and whole towns have Spanish as their default language.

Hispanics are growing as a percentage of our total population.  Even if you stopped immigration from Mexico altogether, this would be happening, because white middle-class English-speaking people aren't having enough children to even replace themselves. 

Anyway, I'd bet the great majority of those bilingual cops were bilingual when they joined the force.  And why shouldn't our largest minority have cops they can talk to?  In another 20-30 years, WHITE PEOPLE will be our largest minority!

• ...Show all comments
    • Chris1 month agoReport

Even if you stopped immigration from Mexico altogether, this would be happening, ---- That is another lie, spread by Mr. SmartyPants. The birthrates of second generation Hispanics decline to that of whites.. Asian American birthrate is lower than white Americans.

• 1 month ago

Have you ever thought that maybe they spoke more than one language? God how can some people be so ignorant (by ignorant I mean both the proper meaning as in stupid, and also as in the slang meaning rude).

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

And how do you know the person was Mexican or that what the cop was speaking was Spanish?  You'd have to have done more than just "see" it; you'd have to have somehow heard it and had enough bilingualism to be able to comprehend his nationality and what language they were speaking.

In short, you're not just a troll, but a really sucky troll.  Try again.

• BB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Maybe the cops were Hispanic or maybe they learned Spanish in highschool or college.

• 1 month ago

It does not cost any extra to train a person to be a police officer simply because the trainee can speak more than one language.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.