Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 4 weeks ago

My great great grandmother from Germany.....does she look jewish?

She was from Germany......her Father Left Germany in 1941 and he returned to Germany. He died in Germany in 1950. My DNA Test results Show some jewish and west middle eastern.....i Upload a picture of my Great Great Grandma and of her Father.. 

• TNO
    Favorite Answer

Perhaps.

There is no one Jewish look, nor is there one German one, but they do have features which are common with Jews and I know a few Jews which look like them. Furthermore, while this could be the quality of the photo it looks like the man has a much darker skin tone than your average German. This tone is much more common for Jews, including Ashkenazi Jews, though it is possible he has this tone and isn't of Judaic ancestry. Ashkenazi, in case you don't know, is an ethnic term describing the people who the majority were of the Jewish faith and settled in Central to Eastern European lands (like Germany) after being forced out of their previous homes.

She looks like a Khazar 

Yes, very - very Arab! From Tel Aviv, yes?

Yeah, xpecially if she has that halpo strand tucked deep inside her dna.

Jews need to have some jew mama strands in their blood to be allowed to enter isreal.

That the race part. Religion is a different story. Anyone can convert to it but that don't make them jew race-wise.

• melissa4 weeks agoReport

I Love my life, i am just interested in where my ancestors are from and if they were jewish than thats cool. I do Not wanna Move to israel nor do i wanna change who i am. 

Actually she looks a little like Anne Frank. 

• Zirp

"My DNA Test results Show some jewish"

That doesn't say ANYTHING about your ancestors.

All it says is that the company has found bundles of DNA (you have 47 in almost every cell of yours) identical to some of yours , mostly in people in the company's database who identify as jewish.

Y-chromosome (if you are male) and mitochondrial DNA (you get it from your mother) aside, all other 45 (46 if female) bundles of DNA could have come from any ancestor.

Having hundreds of jewish 20th cousins does not mean your shared ancestors were jewish themselves

• Mintee

and what would a person who believes in the jewish faith look like,,, could be any race or nationality on earth.... I could be from the black depths of Africa and believe in the jewish faith, so id be a black jew... or I could live in Alaska and be snow white, blonde haired, blue eyed, and be a jewish faithed person.... .. that pic doesnt look particularly jewish to me.... unless you mean the race of people that live in Israel and have certain m iddle eastern characteristics and facial features.. the dark olive skin tone , the long hook noses.. dark bushy eyebrows.. no, she doesnt have any of that either.. She in fact looks like any white girl from Kansas... 

• I don't know why they want to stick a picture to the faith.
      this is an Apartheidic thinking, Yoel wants to know each and every person's religion before he discuss issues with them.... what an ugly Zionist thinking., Thank you Mintee, well said and thumb up.