Just got hired as Frozen, Dairy & Meat stocker at Walmart Neighborhood Market. Need advice?

Well I have orientation on the 30th so I’m not officially hired yet I don’t think. 

But I need some tips on anything! 

I’m extremely nervous as this is my first job. 

Mainly for the physical part of it. It says on the description “moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 25 lbs without assistance” which I’m sure I can do but I heard you should be able to lift 50 lbs which I think I can do but I just never done it over and over. I’m pretty petite so just nervous.

In the interview the manager did ask if I want to switch to produce (i think he said) because it was less lifting. 

I just love the hours (4-12 or 1) and everything so I don’t want to screw it up 

No smart comments please lol I just have extreme anxiety so I stress over things 😂😭😭

• Bort

I'm a truck driver for Swift. I deliver food, produce, and frozen dairy to Wal-Mart's from their Distribution Centers to the stores so I see what the stockers have to do. How they do it is a manager or someone trained and authorized to use the electric pallet jack removes the pallets from the trailer and stages them for the stockers to use a manual pallet jack to take the pallets either out on the floor and put the stuff on the shelves or put them in either a freezer or cooler (storage) until they're needed.

It's not that difficult and not that physically or even mentally demanding. It's a pretty easy job but it is fast paced. Sometimes there are several trailers there while I'm there being unloaded or I sometimes have to wait for a dock to open to back in and be unloaded. So while the work is pretty easy to do it's pretty busy at times.

• H

They normally have carts, flats, dolly and other equipments for heavy materials. You should be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance because equipments are usually limited. The last thing anyone hates to see is all of them being occupied by items you can do by hand. Just don't hurt yourself. I'm a small guy myself working as a dock associate at Dillard's. Helped move furnitures.  

• Judy

Relax. Normally you'll move items on a cart.