Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

What do you think of this answer by Yoel Cohen's answer why God allowed Holocaust?

Even Reformed Jews in the comments are disgusted by his answer.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Yoel isn't a Jew.

He's an ignorant troll here to piss off the masses.

• Login to reply the answers
  • BMCR
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Which Reform Jew in the comments said they were "disgusted"?

A better question would be "What do you think of the question?"

After all, it refers to an article about Orthodox Jewish positions on the Holocaust but notably, only quotes ONE of them.

As I pointed out there:

"All I'll say is that if you read the article in detail you'll find that the Orthodox Jewish view is more nuanced and varied than the quote you present here."

• 3 weeks ago

1.  There is no such thing as a "Reformed Jew."  They are called "Reform Jews," and they are the antithesis of Haredi (extremely fundamentalist) Jews.

2.  I tend to believe that Yoel is a real ultra-Orthodox Jew, and he generally rejects science and the contemporary world.  These people are analogous to American Evangelical Christians, except they wear weird clothing and look frumpy - so in that regard, they resemble the Amish.

3.  If you notice his writings, he uses Judaic terms that even many Jews don't understand.  I have mentioned to him to stop writing mumbo-jumbo, and use plain English.  (For instance, say "Old Testament," and not "Tanach.")

4.  It is ludicrous to maintain that God caused the Holocaust.  It was caused by centuries of Christian lies about Jews and a really lousy situation in post WW1 Germany, where the German people were looking for a scapegoat for their poor economy, communists, and social change.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I don't think he can speak for G-d. 

There is evil in the world. The Nazis are to blame for the Holocaust. 

One can also ask where was G-d when Pol Pot killed millions of his own people in Cambodia. Did the sins of these millions of Cambodians bring about their deaths? No.

People have been asking why bad things happen to good people for thousands of years.

Read the Book of Job in the Bible. Same answer. We don't know. Only G-d knows. 

• Richard
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

I agree.  Don't forget the mass murder of the Armenians 100 years ago, and the murders of millions of Chinese and Russians by Communists. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Why are you so worried about what he thinks, if it isn't true?

• 4 weeks ago

Listening to people who believe in 'god(s)' attempt to rectify the real world with their imaginary one is often disturbing.

• 4 weeks ago

Find proof for this hoax.

Go ahead, find mountains of ash. 

Didn't happen. 

Jews DID lose everything, had to be SLAVES for Hitler, starved, froze. 

Not nice at all. 

Worst was head of NASA. 

• 4 weeks ago

It's obviously a hot garbage take, dearies. Come on. Trolls trolling here. 

• Lili
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What do you mean "even" Reform Jews?  Of course they would be disgusted.  

You obviously know little of Judaism.

I therefore suggest that you not bother to post on it. I also have to point out that calling out members in a question this way is against the site rules.

• 4 weeks ago

Reported...you are growing tedious.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.