Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 4 weeks ago

Will Having Kids Ruin My Acting Career?

I want to know if having kids will screw up and/or get in the way of an acting career.

I'm 5 months pregnant with a girl, but have already been in 3 TV shows and some commercials and really wanted to make it big in Hollywood

• Athena

It can dent it, but it does not have to ruin it.

Probably not.  It's probably more likely you'll let your acting career ruin your child.

• Cogito

The chances of anyone getting even a tiny role in a small production in Hollywood is microscopic.  And if you're already pregnant, it's a bit late to worry about it!

That's something that no one can tell you.

However, I can say this. Your attitude about having children will ruin their lives. Children are not something you decide to have as long as they are convenient to your other pursuits.

DON'T HAVE CHILDREN, PLEASE, regardless of your acting career.

-------------------

Update: Please quit fantasizing about an acting career. No one sustains a "career" in that business. Especially women. Stick with acting in commercials. You can earn a decent living and you can focus your time on raising your child.

Also... SAVE YOUR MONEY.