Can you clean a repair a fusible link for a modern car with a positive battery terminal c picture or just throw away?

Attachment image

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Go to the dealer and buy a new positive cable fusible link assembly.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not safely, unless you can buy link, only, and it fits. Tighten snug.

Safer in all cases to just buy a whole new unit.. I got a Honda Car unit for my Honda MC only because cheaper. All  assembled with lugs, same current rating. Did not have to change a thing.  

• 4 weeks ago

Just replace it. Those are cheap.

• 4 weeks ago

You worked on too many Fiats in your life; You don't fix the fusible link in this one. When it burns out, you replace it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You were a mechanic last time you ask a question doctor.  Why are you asking how to repair them now?

"I had this customer and what it does he goes from one mechanic to next has the wheel taken off for an inspection ... But he never ?"

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200...

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A fusible link is a one-time use item, Skippy. If it fails, you have to replace it.

• noname4 weeks agoReport

Didn't ASK That. Asked if Link Itself f replaceable to save $$ on entire assembly. Answer: Yes., often can find one  that fits.   Safest always to buy new link Assembly. I found one same rating for a car that was much cheaper and bolted right on. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Since it's your money, just throw it away. You can try cleaning with a wire brush.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Could repair if you are stuck out in the back 9 and got OOdles of time on your hands...and you are fixing for your self and you had the tools to do the repair.   It is fiddly work and most mechanics do not have the patience for it.   The manufacturers just made it more complex to do said repair so as the customer is paying for it anyways...you replace it.  It is not something that should go.  If the short is that bad, the whole car should have burst into flames(like on T.V.) and driver's skull inside should have burst into flames.

So WHY fluck with a (maybe I fixed it).  Buy new and be sure.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Better to replace. A faulty repair could lead to severe damage of the electrical system. The reason they blow is to prevent damage to the electrical system. If yours blew, there was a reason. Don't tempt fate. Figure out why and replace it with a new one. 

• arther
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

as they are expensive to replace I've seen blokes soldier the guts of a 60 amp blade fuse where the fuse link is. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.