How to go about showing my piercing to my dad and stepmom?

I got one of those horseshoe septum piercings. It’s pretty small but it’s still noticeable. Its too tight so I’m unable to push it up into my nose and hide it. I’m seeing my dad and stepmom this weekend. They are very judgmental and I am very nervous how they will react. When I got a small tattoo on my collarbone my stepmom blatantly told me she hated it. I know I shouldn’t care but I do. My dad hates any type of piercing, and I know he will freak out about this one. How should I go about this? Should I text them before I see them? Or should I just go in there not giving a f and just show them in person? 

• Jerry

Why would you need to "show them" something they're going to notice on their own? Don't bring it up. If they want to talk about it, let them. But don't respond. You might think "I can't just say nothing; I have to defend myself!" but that's immature drama llama thinking. You most certain can and should NOT defend yourself, NOT attempt to justify or explain, NOT respond at all. Resist that urge to get upset, to speak up for yourself, and just say "OK." There can't be a fight if you don't fight back, you know? Let them vent. It doesn't hurt you any. If you feel like it hurts you then you're being too damn sensitive -- toughen up. 

I agree with kdogs answer, theyre just going to have to deal with it because its your body and you have the right to make your own decisions about it.

Tell them to get over it. If you don’t live at home they won’t be looking at it anyway.