Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 3 months ago

was I just insulted? 10 pts?

I am a female and I have a profile on a dating site. I try to use the best pics I can of myself but I do try to keep them realistic at the same time. ..however, unfotrunately I have big teeth. Some people like them but others don't. Anyway, in my pics I do my best to hide my big teeth and I thought I was doing a good job but I got a message from someone on the dating site that just said "teeth". that is all that it said. I was going to ask what he meant but since it is such a sensitive topic for me I did not want to get offended by his response

Anyway, my question is...does that sound like this person was insulting me to just leave a message saying "teeth"? I did not know how to take that. ..and like I said, I did not want to ask. How would others take that to mean?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on it. I will choose a best answer

Favorite Answer

I would consider the source. Someone with so little class that would leave a one word response like that isn't worth my time. Not one second of my time. 

• patty

at least u are honest up front. some people may like a toothy smile.

Dear god since it is a dating site, losers, and you admit you never show them the person might have just been asking to see them.  You need to be honest and not try to hide this issue as a post resulting in a ?date? will find out soon enough!

• Jerry

Why on earth would you CARE about this? Some strange weirdo on a dating site did (surprise!) something strange. What of it? Forget it!

I wouldn't worry about what some jerk on a web site said. He was rude and inconsiderate.

• Iam

Well, yes you were, but don't feel too bad, to be insulted by a troll is easy and happens to everybody. I say "troll" because the person wrote something personal without thinking and without taking any responsibility for the comment. That would fit with my definition of a troll.

Passing remarks on a person because of their looks is low and bullying and denies the humanity of the person so decribed, clearly with the purpose of making themselves feel better.

You could report the post to the site moderator, if you feel strogly, or can you block the person? Or give them a negative review? IDK how your site works.

Best wishes

• R L

Its down right disrespectful to leave a open ended comment like that. You have to understand that you leave yourself open to such nonsense from trolls on the internet...its was rude and I apologize for the rude and mean people out there.