Will most people always be living financially paycheck to paycheck? ?

When you think about it those who make 100k could be living paycheck to paycheck because they live a more expensive lifestyle and those making 20k a year could be living paycheck to paycheck. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Ajay D
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Wise men said that most people are irresponsible and lazy. you can not change human nature.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I don't but many people do

• Erik
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Some do, some don't.  There are more than 300,000,000 people in the country presently, so not everyone is the same.  Even a poor person could just live below their means and save money.  For myself, I am there right now.  Someday, when my parents have passed away, I will be a multimillionaire.  So it's all different.

• Ann
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Living paycheck to paycheck for some people is a choice.  They get a raise and find a way to 'enjoy' it by buying themselves 'stuff' or worse yet, charging more stuff.

These 'rewards' keep people on the edge of disaster.    As i got raises, I banked more money, put more into my 401K.   Did this my entire life and I just retired last year,  I am set for life while friends who indulged have nothing to show for their income except big mortgages, vehicle payments and stuff

it is a choice how to live and spend your money

• Erik
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

It's not always about what people spend, you have to look at it from the income side too.  Not everyone makes a good living.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DEBS
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Except on the lower end (assuming one has no means of increasing their income), it's all a personal choice. Until that attitude changes, there will always be those that live beyond their means (meaning paycheck to paycheck.)

• 4 weeks ago

People like to live well, whether that means spending all $20k earned in a year or $1,000,000.  People who want to save can save money...

• 4 weeks ago

Probably. I don’t see some giant awakening that living beneath your means is more important than keeping up with the Joneses coming anytime soon.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If by "most" you mean 51% or more, the answer is probably yes.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Not sure if 'most' people live like that...I personally couldn't as it would stress me out...however you are correct regardless of earnings some people always spend above their means.........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.