Will most people always be living financially paycheck to paycheck? ?

When you think about it those who make 100k could be living paycheck to paycheck because they live a more expensive lifestyle and those making 20k a year could be living paycheck to paycheck. 

• Ajay D

Wise men said that most people are irresponsible and lazy. you can not change human nature.

I don't but many people do

• Erik

Some do, some don't.  There are more than 300,000,000 people in the country presently, so not everyone is the same.  Even a poor person could just live below their means and save money.  For myself, I am there right now.  Someday, when my parents have passed away, I will be a multimillionaire.  So it's all different.

• Ann

Living paycheck to paycheck for some people is a choice.  They get a raise and find a way to 'enjoy' it by buying themselves 'stuff' or worse yet, charging more stuff.

These 'rewards' keep people on the edge of disaster.    As i got raises, I banked more money, put more into my 401K.   Did this my entire life and I just retired last year,  I am set for life while friends who indulged have nothing to show for their income except big mortgages, vehicle payments and stuff

it is a choice how to live and spend your money

• Erik
      4 weeks agoReport

It's not always about what people spend, you have to look at it from the income side too.  Not everyone makes a good living.

• DEBS

Except on the lower end (assuming one has no means of increasing their income), it's all a personal choice. Until that attitude changes, there will always be those that live beyond their means (meaning paycheck to paycheck.)

People like to live well, whether that means spending all $20k earned in a year or $1,000,000.  People who want to save can save money...

Probably. I don’t see some giant awakening that living beneath your means is more important than keeping up with the Joneses coming anytime soon.

If by "most" you mean 51% or more, the answer is probably yes.

• Maxi

Not sure if 'most' people live like that...I personally couldn't as it would stress me out...however you are correct regardless of earnings some people always spend above their means.........