promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How much does one need to earn to be financially stable?

How much does someone need to make to pay bills, insurance, housing, necessities, etc. What makes this vary? How much do most people pay in expenses every month for these? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Make a budget that reflects the price of housing in your area plus all of your other expenses, plus some of your wants (new car, vacation, etc).

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Thats a great question for your parents...start with how costly you are a year..

Food cost

Cell cost

Products used cost

Energy used

You'll see it adds up and you should be working...to help out..

• Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

How long is a piece of string?  There are too many variables to answer your question.  A good income in Mobile, AL would be poverty in Beverly Hills, CA.

• cosmo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The short answer is: you need to earn more than you spend.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Break it down to what has to be paid for monthly (rent, phone, utilities), what needs to be paid every 3 or 6 months (insurance), and what needs to be upkept regularly (toilet paper, toothpaste, kleenex, laundromat).

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Its the exact same for everyone. SMH

• 2 months ago

It varies greatly and it depends upon the individual person/family, life style and location.

Doing taxes over the years I have seen single moms who make $17k a year who seem content with their lives.  They know that they will never have much and they are ok with that.  However, I have also seen people making $150k a year who were miserable because they were living their lives like they were making $250k a year.

Personally, I make 5 times what I made in the mid-90s.  However, my lifestyle has changed.  I travel more and I have other expenses that I didn't have in the 90s.

• Susie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It varies depending on the area of the country you live in, your lifestyle, and what you consider necessities.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.