Wearing shorts in winter. What do you think?

It's mainly a question for parents. Most kids, on school days, spend most of their time in doors, I mean inside. And even outdoors, unless its below zero, the kids are going to to running around and not swaeting. You know by bias. But I want to know yours! Thanks!

[Updated on Jan. 24, 2020. Except 4 the spelling mistakes.]

Changed category to Family... couldn't see anything more related. Also, I'm using a Web browser on a cell phone. I know interfaces and options can very based on these parameters.

Thoughtful feedback from all. I suspect 1 reply a bit snarky, but I have a sense of humour.Lv7 had excellent answers, but I can only choose one "favorite". I know it's not a contest, but wanted to give kudos in more than just a thumbs up.

Favorite Answer

Depends where you live. If you have a temperature of minus 30o and three feet of snow you might feel differently. In my family, once you were age five, you made your own mind up. No whining, though.

• Marg1 month agoReport

Kids know when they're cold & hungry, no need for parental intervention (nagging). Just cuzz they're cute as kittens, don't mean not having watched Dr. Phil or read Dr. Spock makes them devoid of basic survival instincts. "Layering" is a word familiar to the smart & educated to ppl like us who Know.

It's a dysfunctional fashion trend.

• Alan H

Each make their own decision

My nephew insists on wearing shorts.  We live in Ohio.  He wore shorts to his Grandmothers funeral.  Shorts and those Adidas Shower slides.  That's it for him. 

I’m not a kid...or a parent, but I personally could never wear shorts in winter. I want my legs to be warm, so I’ll wear pants.

It makes you look tough

Source(s): Running Vest Shorts and Flip Flops in the Snow, aint nothing like it !!
    • Marg1 month agoReport

Flipping with flopps? No thank you. NO SOUP FOR YOU! NEXT!

• .

Depends on the temperature/environment. Wearing shorts in the winter here in NW Florida (where it was in the 70°s last week) is no big deal. Wearing shorts in snow country, doesn't make sense.

.

Move your question to Pregnancy & Parenting>Parenting or Entertainment & Music>Polls & Surveys as it's currently in Sports>Running and not applicable to this subcategory.   You can move your question by clicking Edit (or pencil icon, if mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category in which it is better suited. 

• Marg1 month agoReport

BTW, I'm a runner, & didn't think it off-topic. Maybe a sub-category? & also thinking of school & outside jobs that may cause sweat if over-dressed. Cold air & sweat can = hypothermia &/or frostbite.

I mean, if it floats your boat, then why the heck not?

• y

My son was one that wouldn't wear the winter coat. Then one day, sophomoric year, while he was waiting for the bus. He suddenly ran inside, grabbed a coat, and said I'm sick of freezing. Wore one from then on. They figure it out at some point,

• Marg1 month agoReport

Like I said recently (above); just cuzz they're kids, don't mean they're hopelessly devoid of reality. No need for Pavlovian conditioning when the weather can acheive the same results at 0 the cost of expert opinions or councelling.