Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

How do I ignore anxiety?

I have anxiety, but it just hampers me. Is it okay to attempt to ignore it?

Ignoring it is a bad thing. Think of it as like your body is a country. And there is inflation (anxiety). If you ignore it, the inflation will get worse and it will evolve into hyperinflation (depression) and your country's economy (mentality and psychology) will collapse.

• I have read several of the answers and its really great to see that so many people care about those of us who struggle with anxiety! My anxiety just seems to come on for no apparent reason; however, a closer look reveals (for me) that problems within my most significant relationships certainly seem to contribute to it. Right now I'm going to ask my wife if she would like to go out, do something we like to do. Thank you all again. I will try to offer more specifics at a later time and post. God Bless You; please ask for help! You are doing the right thing by reaching out to this group.

It is better to be doing something than to not be doing anything, because the anxiety can be worked off and you're not aware of it all of the time. There are some supplements that will treat it.

It is hard to ignore but you have to try . Always try to think positive thing . you can ignore anxiety by doing meditation . it will refresh your mind . try to express your feelings.

• Chanel

Anxiety is hard to ignore and if you stay at home then the feelings manifest themselves.

If you are struggling with this then see your doctor.

When you wake up try to think positive and feel that you may have a really good day once you are up and about.

Also remember you are not alone. Millions of people suffer with this condition so your problem is magnified all over the world.

Best of luck.

• Gman

“Never be anxious about the next day,” said Jesus Christ, “for the next day will have its own anxieties.” (Matthew 6:25, 34) His point? Address today’s concerns. Do not compound them by bringing tomorrow’s forward, which can cloud judgment and lead to rash decisions. Also keep in mind that many anxieties may later prove to be unwarranted.

• Wilma4 weeks agoReport

Astrotheology

I dont think its something easily "ignored", at least for me anyway. I have to address it head on with coping mechanisms. Like snapping a rubber band on my wrist, small pinching, holding my breath, counting in my head, etc

• k w

5htp......it's not perfect, but You'll likely cope better, no side effects either

• Murzy

distract yourself .

• LAN

Too late.  You have already decided to be a loser or you would be talking to a professional about this instead of constantly crying about it here over and over.