What is a good paint shop to use for a classic car?

Yeah you know I got that 1993 Geo Tracker in Polynesian green metallic. I took that car to Maaco for the ambassador paint service and you know they wouldn’t do the trim work. I need those magenta metallic accents to preserve the historical value of that car. I have that auto show coming up so you know I want to get this done. Does anyone have a recommendaton?

Yeah you know I’m in New York

Favorite Answer

Now THIS I believe - you drive a Geo AND it's a 1993 AND you live in NY.

It's not a classic, by the way .

• Kayode1 month agoReport

Yeah you know it’s that LSi hardtop pre rack and pinion steering. One of the rarest of those geo trackers

Don't use MAACO. Take it to a place where the guy owns his own shop.

Classic, hahahahahaha. If it had 50k miles in excellent condition it isn't worth 2000 bucks.

• JetDoc

Stupid TROLL!  A 1993 Geo Tracker HAS NO "historical value"!  If it did, you wouldn't have it painted by a cut-rate spray shop like Maaco!  

Call your insurance company & ask them. Be sure to say, it's not a recommendation, you're just having problems finding a body shop.

It's a very big world and we have no clue where you are located. Update or try again.

.

FAIL

.

Maaco is a bottom of the barrel choice

.

FAIL 

I'm not sure if a 93 Geo Tracker qualifies as a "classic" car. It's not like people are knocking over each other to acquire one.  But at any rate, Macco is not a place to go if you want a quality paint job, the ambassador is the lowest end paint job you can buy. 

A quality paint job from a reputable independent body/paint shop will run at least $2500, and up to $4-5k for a nicer than stock (but not concurs quality) paint job. If you want a real show-car quality paint job, you're going to spend double that. I probably wouldn't put that kind of money into a car that's worth maybe $1500 though. 

• Kayode1 month agoReport