What is a good paint shop to use for a classic car?

Yeah you know I got that 1993 Geo Tracker in Polynesian green metallic. I took that car to Maaco for the ambassador paint service and you know they wouldn’t do the trim work. I need those magenta metallic accents to preserve the historical value of that car. I have that auto show coming up so you know I want to get this done. Does anyone have a recommendaton?

Update:

Yeah you know I’m in New York

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Now THIS I believe - you drive a Geo AND it's a 1993 AND you live in NY.

It's not a classic, by the way .

• Kayode1 month agoReport

Yeah you know it’s that LSi hardtop pre rack and pinion steering. One of the rarest of those geo trackers

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Don't use MAACO. Take it to a place where the guy owns his own shop.

• 1 month ago

Classic, hahahahahaha. If it had 50k miles in excellent condition it isn't worth 2000 bucks.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Stupid TROLL!  A 1993 Geo Tracker HAS NO "historical value"!  If it did, you wouldn't have it painted by a cut-rate spray shop like Maaco!  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Call your insurance company & ask them. Be sure to say, it's not a recommendation, you're just having problems finding a body shop.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's a very big world and we have no clue where you are located. Update or try again.

FAIL

Maaco is a bottom of the barrel choice

FAIL 

• 1 month ago

I'm not sure if a 93 Geo Tracker qualifies as a "classic" car. It's not like people are knocking over each other to acquire one.  But at any rate, Macco is not a place to go if you want a quality paint job, the ambassador is the lowest end paint job you can buy. 

A quality paint job from a reputable independent body/paint shop will run at least $2500, and up to $4-5k for a nicer than stock (but not concurs quality) paint job. If you want a real show-car quality paint job, you're going to spend double that. I probably wouldn't put that kind of money into a car that's worth maybe $1500 though. 

• Kayode1 month agoReport

Yeah you know it’s that LSi hardtop pre rack and pinion steering. One of the rarest of those geo trackers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.