What are the correct sentences?

I don’t like to drink - I don’t like drinking

I don’t like to drink soda - I don’t like drinking soda

I don’t like to play soccer - I don’t like playing soccer

Favorite Answer

"I don't like to drink" means you don't like to be a drinker [usually alcohol]. "I don't like drinking" means you don't like it when anybody drinks [to excess].

We would usually just say "I don't like soda." What else would we do with it? Bathe in it?

"I don't like to play soccer." We can't just say "I don't like soccer," because many people like to watch it, but not to play it.

• RP

The issue is whether you wish to emphasis what you like or what you do. If the latter, you could say or write, "I don't (whatever, such as drink, play, etc). If the former, the examples given appear appropriate.

Sentences end with a period, not a dash.  Aside from lack of proper punctuation, the wording is correct.

They are all correct. Note that the first one (i don't like to drink) usually means not drinking alcohol.