What can cause nausea in early morning? (2-3am ish)?

So I never get nauseous unless I have the flu (which I get like every 2-3 years, so it’s not common for me at all). 2 nights ago I woke up in the night with bad nausea and after a few min it subsided and I went back to sleep. Now last night it happened again, only thing is it kept me up for over a half hour and I lost a lot of sleep over it. I’m just wondering if anyone else ever has this happen? My boyfriend made a joke saying maybe I’m pregnant (I also have sore boobs but i always have times through the month that they are sore so that’s nothing new.) Does it sound like pregnancy or something else? (I would take a test but it’s too early yet). 

Heartburn/reflux commonly causes nighttime nausea. 

< So I never get nauseous unless I have the flu >

then that would be my first guess.

• brooke3 months agoReport

But it’s only super early morning and doesn’t last at all and I don’t even throw up just a bout of nausea then it’s gone 

You would not have any nausea from a pregnancy which is too early to detect with a test.