Mariam asked in PetsBirds · 2 months ago

Is my parrot fat?

Well i have a lovebird, and he means the world to me. I take care of him like my child. And feed him well. I had him since he was 5 days old. Now he is 2 years old. My friend who has lovebirds and other parakeets. Told me my lovebird looks fat cause i feed him a lot and he doesn't seem taken care of. Despite i spend all the day with him. He get showered , toys, most of the time flying around out of the cage. I will put his photo can someone please tell me if the bird looks really not taken care of like my friend says :(

• Nicey8

Hi, Your beautiful bird looks fit and very healthy to me. So do not worry.

Your bird looks healthy to me. It is well fed, gots a lot of attention, toys and freedom to fly around. Looks like a happy bird to me from the picture anyway. I used to own a lot of birds growing up. Unfortunately I became allergic to them. :/ 

But I would just not let your friend get to you. Atleast your bird isn't starving. He looks like normal and healthy weight to me. Feathers look good too. Maybe he's just fluffed/puffed up. He's fluffy not fat.

• Lv 6

I agree with this answer