Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Why don’t people understand that depression and anxiety is spiritual warfare? ?

Favorite Answer

Depression and anxiety is doubt in God when God commanded us to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5) believing the lies Satan has instilled in your mind! 

"With God all things are possible" (Luke 1:37) but it's Satan's job to deceive (John 10:10).

Joyce Meyers has it right; it's "A Battle of the Mind" 

Satan comes into the mind and will have you thinking 

"What if"

"I'm not good enough"

"I can't do it!"

A spiritual warfare it is!

You are "tossed to and fro with every doctrine" from Satan (Ephesians 4:14) until you are manically depressed and suffer anxiety. 

Hold on to God's Unchanging Hand!

10 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak" (Ephesians 6:10-20).

I pray (Ephesians 1:18)!

• norine4 weeks agoReport

Blessings

I don't have any time for Joyce Meyer.

There are things or matters in life that have to be set aside to resolve or heal depending on the problem.

We know from science that the body is prone to disease and the same for the mind.

Regardless of whether it was designed or evolved.

The Bible can no less fix a leaking tap than it can fix a broken mind or leg.

However we can lean on Gods love to heal as well as medicine or lean on our own existence to pull through.

It takes faith no matter what we put the faith in.

Spiritual warfare is not really about mental illness or pain IMO. Spiritual wrangling is more about sin, temptation, backsliding, like Job arguing with his shadow self.

Because it isn't. They are medical problems.

Because 'spiritual warfare' is superstitious nonsense.

Because however depressed they may be, they still have functional brain cells.

• barty

Because it isn't. Depression and anxiety can be treated with medications that change brain chemistry. If it was spiritual warfare medications wouldn't have any effect at all.

• Cogito

Because "it'" is not.

THEY are mental illnesses which can be treated with counselling, therapy, etc.

They have nothing to do with spirituality.

I call BS, you are full of it.

They "is" not.

Didn't the "and" there give you a clue?   1 + 1 = plural

They are actually caused by chemicals in the brain and not invisible beings who cannot be proven to exist.