If coronavirus can only be spread touching eyes, nose, and mouth, why are people wearing masks if it's not airborne?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Gert
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

When people cough or sneeze they send out a spray of germs. Wearing the mask helps prevent them getting in your mouth or in your nose. Wear the mask.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It's better than nothing. It can block pathogens from entering in from your nose and mouth 

• 4 weeks ago

I don't know who tell you that coronavirus can can only be transmitted through contact,it's airbone infectious disease,can be transmitted from person to person,contact only increase the possibility of people infected with this pandemic disease,if you show up in a area bustling with crowd,then it is possible that you may be infected with this disease,

• 4 weeks ago

the health officials will often make proclamations of disinformation to prevent public panics or to cover up the extent of a prior cover up or grave mistake. in this case, Chinese officials not initially reporting sick people for fear of the damage to their careers. other times, the "experts" are making best guesses based on similar outbreaks in the past but the media is loathe to clarify that the experts don't always know either.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Masks are commonly worn in several Asian cultures; thought to prevent disease transmission.

• 4 weeks ago

Most coronaviruses spread the same way other cold-causing viruses do, through infected people coughing and sneezing, by touching an infected person's hands or face, or by touching things such as doorknobs that infected people have touched.

• 4 weeks ago

Wearing a mask is kind of a "pardon me, I'm sick" sign of courtesy to others. And the masks do shield your mouth and nose

• 4 weeks ago

It must be airborne because here in Scotland our news tells us 4 people who returned from China are in hospital with it, I believe 3 in Edinburgh and 1 in Glasgow

• k w
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

dunno, too bad you trust the pill pushers, learn about herbs and healing...save you a trip to see the quack.....and you'll be pleased you can do it on your own as well.......

Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Opinions are divided on whether they make any  difference. At least it stops people  touching their mouths, which is a common practice.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's a custom there. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.