Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Why would a woman be prescribed for prenatal vitamins 3 months after pregnancy and have to visit with obgyn 4 months after pregnancy?

Fiance cheated on me and we split up, we got back together and she used my laptop tut o log in her insurance and i seen that she was prescribed prenatal vitamins 3 months after she gave birth yo our daughter and just visit with an obgyn. Could she be pregnant?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

She could be, or she may be continuing to take the prenatals because she's breastfeeding and it's recommended for nursing mothers to keep taking prenatals. The OBGYN visit could just be because she's due for her annual check up. Or she might be wanting a referral for something else.

• Login to reply the answers
  • MissA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Prenatal vitamins are just vitamins. They are useful for women who might wish to become pregnant again, for women who might accidentally become pregnant again, or for women who just want some nutrition... they aren't specific to pregnant women.

Women visit OBGYNs for both obstetric and gynecological care. 4 months after birth might be a routine follow-up exam to make sure she healed from the baby, a new birth control prescription, a routine pelvic/pap, or really all kinds of stuff.

• ...Show all comments
    • MissA
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Dude if your problem is that you don't trust her break up and work out a fair custody agreement.  Otherwise just say "Hey honey, you left your notes up on my computer and I saw you went to the doctor... everything okay?"

• 1 month ago

It's very common to have vitamins prescribed after giving birth, and not at all uncommon to see an OB/GYN after giving birth.

Are you having sex without birth control?  If so, yes, of course pregnancy is another reason to see an OB/GYN.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They are just vitamins, no matter what they are called. They could be called senior vitamins. They are all the same. Many mums need extra vitamins after birth . It's normal to have a check up after birth.

Another man who does not have a clue about women.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It is actually really common for doctors to prescribe prenatal vitamins even after delivery in cases where the mom may not be able to get the nutrients needed. It is especially common for breast feeding moms.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.