Anonymous

When should I follow-up after accepting the job offer?

I officially accepted the job offer early January, with the start date of first week of February. The company reached out to me last week to conduct the background check and told me that they require necessary information to verify my employment. 

But, after providing that, I haven't really heard back from them. I am not so sure when/how should I follow up with them. Is this normal or am I just panicking?

Just really confused on this matter. Any help is appreciated! 

Thank you! :)

Feel free to contact the HR department and or the hiring manager next week if you feel you need more information.  You should have returned a signed offer letter (official acceptance) and should have been told the next steps, when to report, who to ask for etc.  If you don't have the info and your employment is actually still conditional on your background check, it is find to contact them early next week to verify things are okay and get detailed next steps.  

• Kyle

if you don't have an actual start date in February, follow up with them later next week on the status of your background check and ask when your first day is.

it can take time for these things to process.  

• A

After 7 days ti would be fine to contact them and inquire if there is any other information they need from you,. Background checks can take up to 3 weeks

• Tavy

Backgrounds checks are not instant, someone has to do it.

Give it time.