Do I have to have Microsoft Edge browser on my computer?

I hate it!

Everyone. Thank you for your answers. I really appreciate it.

--AskZilla

Favorite Answer

so do I but yes you do, that does not stop you installing chrome,firefox or some other browser and always using that. However if you use onedrive or other microsoft office products they wont work properly in a business environment without using edge and then you are stuck with all the edge issues such as printing and getting pdf's that print solid blocks of ink instead of the correct stuff for some of the pdf's, even existing pdf's that print fine on windows 7, so just for the MESS that they have made of PDF printing, I use chrome wherever I can. Chrome works fine for me, side by side with edge.

• AskZilla
      3 weeks agoReport

No it isn't and it is just as annoying as Microsoft Edge. Two crap pieces of software taking up so much space on my hard drive.

No, you can download and use other browsers.....

You do not have to have Edge browser on your computer unless you come to a website that is optimized for Edge use only. That would be rare, but certainly possible. 

As long as you have a capable browser on your computer, you're fine. I have Edge, but since I just ignore it, I don't even remember it's on my computer unless someone mentions Edge in a conversation. Install Chrome and don't worry about Edge.

If you want to disable Microsoft Edge, try the following

Start

Settings

Privacy

Background apps

Turn off Microsoft Edge

No.  You CAN remove it ... but not before you've downloaded a replacement/alternative web browser.

Removing Microsoft Edge, however, MIGHT cause system instability.

If you still wish to go ahead with Removal of Microsoft Edge, see the following webpages on how to successfully Remove Midcrosoft Edge.

• keerok

If you have windows, no choice, you have it. You have the option not to use it though. You can use another browser (but you will have to use edge once to download it).

• Theo

I don't know if you can uninstall Edge but you don't have to use it. Firefox is a much better option. Even Chrome is better than Edge.

If you hate it, then don't use it. Simple. You can download and use any browser you like which will work with your system.

• Bill-M

Yes,  Edge is part of the Operating System.   You hate it, don't use it.

Download and install any browser you want.

By the Way, Edge has a new version and is using the Chrome engines and is faster now than Firefox.