Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 weeks ago

Do you like this idea for a short story?

I’m going to write a story and the main character is Drew Murty and he is sent to prison for a crime he did not commit and has to break rocks in the hot sun all day every day and at night when he’s exhausted he has to go back to the cell that he shares with a violent rapist and horrible things occur that I won’t describe here but Drew Murty screams but nobody helps him because all of the guards are employed by Drew’s enemies who framed him for his crimes and eventually when Drew gets out of prison after seven long years he has lost some weight and toned up and he seek his vengeance against those who imprisoned him for so long 

• Marli
    Favorite Answer

You used a lot of "and"s.

The prison is run by the state government. His enemies must have a lot of money to bribe the warden, the inspectors and the guards. And why not starve him if they are in control? If he has become strong, he's had a healthy diet as well as all that rock hammering.

• Andrew

What difference does it make what I think? If you were to ask whether or not you should make seafood pasta for dinner and I were to say that I don't like it, would you make something else? Why is every other question posted to this forum "Does this sound like a good idea?" You think Dostoevsky or Dumas asked questions like that before they sat down to write their books about people being in prison? Either write it or don't. Nobody is going to reserve a copy in advance. 

• Drew4 weeks agoReport

I would never eat seafood pasta. That’s ridiculous. 

They don't break rocks anymore. If you're setting it in the past, you'll need to decide which state this is happening in.

Well go on and write it then. Why do you care what anyone here thinks about it?

Just do yourself a favour and dip into a  Punctuation Guide for the Total Beginner first.

Its been done so many times already

You need to learn how to use punctuation before you write anything. :(