How exactly can i navigate the ABIA web site to find out what time and what flight i'm trying to catch leaves like say, a month in advance?

Let me explain further. I'm planning on taking a trip to a different city in a different state very soon. The problem is that when i go to the ABIA web site, i click on the "Airlines, Flights" button right off of the home page and then i click on the " Real-Time Arrivals & Departures" button and all i'm able to do is find out which flight goes to the place i'm planning to go, but only a few hours in advance.

What i want to know is how exactly can i navigate the ABIA web site to find out what time and what flight i'm trying to catch leaves like say, a month in advance, to the place i want to go to? It's extremely important that i find out how. Please give me details with a source or 2 with your answers, if any of you can! That'd be very greatly appreciated. A source or 2 with each and every answer isn't exactly needed, but it's so very preferred.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Because you will be flying with an airLINE, not an airPORT.

So go look on airLINE sites to where and when they fly. Duh.

• Holy Vengeance
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

I've never bought a plane ticket or traveled by air, so i'm seriously inexperienced when it comes to planning for a plane trip.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

But why do you click on 'real time' when  you don't WANT 'real time'?

• MS
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Go to the AIRLINE website, not the airport website.  Then you can enter your travel date and your departure and destination cities, and see what's available.

• Gypsyfish
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

You can also go to a website like orbitz.com to see the flights of several airlines, but Southwest flights are not listed there. You have to go to the Southwest website.

• 4 weeks ago

Let me make sure I have this straight. You want to fly from Austin to somewhere, so you are looking at the Austin airport's website to find out the times of flights a month from now? Doesn't work that way. The airport only keeps track of flights within a day or less. It's true that flights are usually scheduled to fly to the same place every day, or several times a day, or several days a week. American Airlines Flight 3030 (I'm using a made-up number) might well leave Austin every day of the week all year at 10:30 am, but the airport website doesn't deal with what's happening next month or even next week. In any case, even if the airport was able to tell you about a flight next month, the airport would only know that the flight is scheduled to leave or arrive. It wouldn't know if there are seats available on that flight because the airport doesn't sell tickets. The airlines do that.

If you want to go, let's say, from Austin to Dallas, then the only way the airport's website is of any use is to tell you what airlines fly from Austin to Dallas. Look at what departs from that airport and if there are 6 flights going to Dallas, 3 of them operated by American and 3 operated by Delta, then you go to the websites of those airlines and put in the date you want to leave and they will tell you what flights there are that day and if there are any seats on those flights, and sell you a seat if there is one. They will usually book seats months in advance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.