What iPhone was / is greatest model of all time and why?

I think iPhones are just not the same anymore

I also say the iPhone 4. My answer is not as well thought out as Simon, but I definitely do like the design of that phone. I'm not an Apple user. I jumped that ship years ago, but I do hold the iPhone 4 design in high regards, just like the iMac G4 and the PowerMac G4.

• Simon

In terms of speed and best overall experience, the iPhone 4 was considered the pinnacle of craftsmanship and design by most experts. It offered the best bang for the buck compared to other generations, and it was the first to introduce both a voice assistant to a smartphone, and it was the first to introduce a High Definition screen to the iPhone line. (Called the "Retina" display.)

It also introduced the first real metal on an iPhone, with it's all aluminum chassis and all glass panel back which was a first. It is also considered by many to have the last real good version of IOS that wasn't plagued by bugs and jitter. 

Today IOS 13 is a disaster, and it has received 10 major patches and updates in just four months after it's launch due to it being so bad and causing a plethora of major issues. IOS is regarded as less stable than top of the line Android counterparts today. And unlike IOS, Android 10 hasn't had to receive any major updates to fix crashes and catastrophic software issues directly impacting hardware.