Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 4 weeks ago

Tax returns?

Do I need to wait for all my tax returns to come in before I file or what?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

You MUST wait for ALL of your W-2's to arrive before filing for a tax return.  Employers, legally, have until January 31st to have these all in the mail.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You need to have all your W2s, 1099s, and any other tax papers before you file.

• 4 weeks ago

Your tax return is a document you file with the IRS. Yes, you have to wait for all W2's (the form you get from your employer(s))

• 4 weeks ago

You need to wait so that you have all of the information available to properly report all of your data.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You have to get your tax returns before you file them.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, you need all of your paperwork available before filing.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes you need to know the total amounts of earnings for the year and the total amounts of tax withheld so that you can file and accurate return and possibly receive a refund if your tax was over paid.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

All your tax returns??? A tax return is the document you file. OF COURSE you need to have all the information before you file. Wouldn't that be common sense????

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Your tax RETURN is the form you file. If you're asking about your W-2s, yes you need them all before you file. You need some info from each of them. The IRS is not accepting returns anyway until next week.

• 4 weeks ago

You are using the terminology incorrectly, but yes. You need to wait until you have everything and then file it all at one time. You cannot file some of it when you haven't yet gotten the rest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.