Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 4 weeks ago

Should I get nose piercing removed ?

My new nose piercing isn’t healing well. It’s been like 2 weeks. I clean it everyday with salt water and wound wash. I’m tired of looking at it but I don’t want to remove it if it is salvageable. If I had it removed I’d ask a piercer to be safe. 

If that's a brand new piercing you were meant to have a stud for 6 weeks,so it looks like your skin has reacted to the metal hoop and possibly infected the piercing too.

Change Piercing and get it cleaned.

I would go back to your piercer and see what they say they’ll be able to tell if if this is normal at this point in healing or if there’s something different you need to start doing to aid the healing. If it’s infected removing the piercing can actually cause a larger issue the outer layer of skin will close over giving the pus and bacteria no where to go causing the infection to get worse and then you’ll need to see a doctor.

Just get the whole nose removed. I'm telling ya, the Voldemort look is going to be a hit.......... But seriously, I would consider removing it and let it heal. Something is not right if it's still all red after 2 weeks. It's just my opinion. I've never had piercings, so my experience is limited. But 2 weeks just seems a little much...