Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

My husband doesn't want me to touch the gift his ex-mistress gave him last Christmas. Does it mean he still loves her? ?

He also kept all her letters in our house.  

Update:

What do you mean he is NOT in our marriage? He dumped her and we are still together. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

You called her * ex-mistress*. So that means he was having an affair while married to you and is still holding on to her gift and letters in your own home!! When he decided to dump her, he should've gotten rid of all traces of that affair...PERIOD!!! When he holds on to those things, he ought to know that it's painful to you and that is disrespectful to your marriage. It shows that he is still undecided whether he wants to be in the marriage or thinking of going back to his mistress. Just get them and burn them. He should not be getting mad at you if he is serious about staying with you, my gosh! Or are you afraid that he will leave you if you do burn them? Why be with a man who is there physically but not his heart. That's not love.

• Login to reply the answers
  • funny
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Certain issues better not discussed !

• 1 month ago

There is WANTING someone and there is LOVING someone.  Now if she suffered some terrible calamity would you expect your husband to care or not?  If he didn't care then he would be fickle.  It could one day be YOU.  You don't say what the gift is or why he doesn't want you to touch it.  That is relevant.  In general everything I ever had is shared with my wife.  Does the item have a sentimental  attachment?  Or is he thinking you might harm or damage the gift deliberately?  A few more questions are needed.

• lala
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes he still love her 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If this all happened DURING your marriage, it's not okay on any level. If this all happened BEFORE your marriage, Tell him to box up the letters, and whatever is "untouchable", and put them in the attic, rafters, cellar, box way up in the very back of wherever. He gets to keep them, they are a part of his life, but he doesn't get to pull them out regularly and muse over his "loss". That's BS.

• i + i
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are asking complete strangers to speculate about whatever is motivating him. WE don't know him, YOU do. Okay, here is a random guess: It may have nothing to do with love. It could just be he wants to have some kind of control over you.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Throw out the gift. Throw out the letters. And throw out your husband. He is NOT in your marriage.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.