Why do today's Christians blv "ordination" means to meet men's expectations for ministry when Jesus means HS baptism (Acts 1:5;8;22)?

Jesus said in John 2:19 "Destroy this Temple and I will raise it up in 3 days" an He was "...raised up by the glory of the Father" (Rm 6:4) Who is the Holy Ghost.

In Acts 1:5 Jesus promised "...but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost" and afterwards "receive POWER to be a WITNESSS unto Me" (Acts 1:8) of My POWER.

Acts 1:22 says "one MUST be ORDAINED to be a WITNESS" of His POWER that comes upon us after Holy Spirit baptism promised in Acts 1:5;8

So we can  "WITNESS the POWER of His resurrection" in order to become a Christian or a "member of the body of Christ" (I Corinthians 12:11-12).

Why do today's Christians follow the definition of "the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:9) for "ORDINATION" rather than what Jesus said?

No, he doesn't. He means laying hands on the head of somebody to give him authority, like when the apostles made several men elders.

• norine4 weeks agoReport

When one who has already been "ORDAINED" does "lay hands on" GOD gives "POWER" and "SPIRITUAL GIFTS" and "SIGNS FOLLOWING" 

If NONE of that happens at your 'church' when they "lay hands on" then the wrong person has "laid hands on."

• Dave D

Sorry, but that is not what is meant by "ordination".  It has nothing to do with meeting the expectations of man, but rather a full commitment to living and teaching the teachings of Christ.  Baptism certainly does the same thing, but ordination is a deeper commitment.

• norine4 weeks agoReport

Your "organization" set the rules for "ordination" into their cult vs what Jesus said

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain..." (Jn 15:16)!

I hate to tell you this, Norine, but the horse is dead. Feel free to stop beating it.

• norine4 weeks agoReport

The "horse" was never alive for today's Christians to beat it to death neither for you.