Hello, I know this is a dumb question, but I have to ask to understand. Is the water from your refrigerator tap water?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you have a water dispenser in the refrigerator, it comes from the same pipes as the water from the kitchen sink. In fact, it usually taps off of the pipes under the kitchen sink.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

The water, being dispensed from your refrigerator door, comes through a plastic tube which is connected to your water supply.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, the water from your refrigerator is connected to the same supply as tap water in your house.

• 1 month ago

What else would it be?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • KLB
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

yes, it comes from the tap. Most newer refrigerators have a filtration system, however, which filters the water.

• Poppy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It’s water supply is the same as the kitchen tap. It will likely run through a filter first. That filter will need regular changing.

• 1 month ago

Yes. The house's water supply is hooked up to the refrigerator. So you're drinking tap water.

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's coming from the same pipes as the water at your kitchen sink, the bathroom sink, the toilet, the tub, the washing machine.  The same pipes supply all the water in your house.

Your refrigerator may or may not have a water filter installed, which can have some effect on the quality of the water it dispenses.  But in my experience, the effect is not significant enough to justify the expense.

And what's wrong with tap water?

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

In the city house, I run a separate filter BEFORE the fridge to remove the icky chlorine taste from the ice cubes.  In the country house it's the same filtered, natural, UV-irradiated spring water as used throughout the rest of the house.

• 1 month ago

yes. some of these have a filter in the water line, but if you don't know -- then either yours does not or it hasn't been changed in quite a long while

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes. The automatic ice maker/water used by the refrigerator is sourced from a cold water tap located behind the refrigerator. Now, if you have an RO filter set up under the sink, you plumb up some RO tubing from the RO filter to the refrigerator and have high quality drinking water (like bottled water). Or, when the house is built, the plumber runs a line from the sink to the refrigerator or other places you want RO water (like an aquarium location, bar, etc.).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.