Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

Car Insurance scamming us?

2 months ago I got my license. My mom got a letter in the mail from allstate saying they are automatically adding me to the insurance. Yeah I have my license but I don't own a car and I don't drive her car. We told them not to add me but they are not giving her a choice. They told her anyone with a license at the address must be on the insurance. Can they legally do this? I can't find anything on their website that they can do this. Whose to say I don't want a different insurance when I own a car?

Well, since insurance is a legal scam, I would have to agree...

Yup, they can legally do that.  It says so in the contract Mom signed with them, and hell yes the law allows it.  The contract wording isn't on their website, so you can stop looking.  Ask them for a copy of the contract, and they'll provide one for you.

And hell yes Mom has a choice.  She can sign a cancellation form any time she wants.  But good luck finding an insurance company who will believe that you have a licence but never drive her vehicle.  They've all heard that one a million times before.  It's followed with the inevitable "it was just one time" explanation after an accident where the kid who never drives was behind the wheel.

You might, maybe possibly, be the one kid who has a licence and actually never ever drives Mom's car.  Unfortunately, everyone else ruined it for you.

Its a half syrian and kiwi that is hacking and giving out personal info and using people computers from home as a techinican richards brother a nsw family western sydney could be hacking for the mafia 

Call the ag for your state something is rotten

This is no scam.  This is their policy.  So Mommy should find an insurance company that doesn't require that all licensed drivers be included in the policy.

Mommy should be aware that if you are not a declared driver and are driving SHE is 100% personally responsible for all injuries/damages.

Yes, "they can legally do this."

Why did you get a license if you don't plan to drive a car?

Whose?  Do you mean who's or who is?  A different policy makes no difference if you own a car but live in the same household.

No, you're trying to scam THEM, and they know it. They know darn well you'll drive her car sooner or later, and likely wreck it.

What's the point of having a license if you don't want to drive?

Allstate can do that. It is an underwriting decision. They aren't willing to take the chance that they have to pay a claim when they are not getting a premium to cover you. Shop around for other insurance.

They aren't scamming your mother ! It's perfectly legal😉

Yes they can and it is probably even a law that says so otherwise people would bullshit them all the time.

you might not have a choice right now

• Edna

Exclude the teenage driver from your auto insurance policy.