Do you think ghosts eventually fade away?

I think they must, even though not everyone becomes a ghost if they lasted for ever there would be more and more of them, and that doesn't seem to be the case. 

I think, if ghosts exist, they must be some sort of recording. It should only happen if there is enough magnetic material in the surrounding area.

• Jesere

Ghosts don't know they are dead. Spirits go home to the Spiritual Realm. Sometimes a ghost can be convinced to go to the light.

• Tom

Yes, not many of the phenomena we CALL "Ghosts" last beyond 150 years. A few Medieval "ghosts" remain, and very, very few from the Roman era.-----Looks like 150 years is the average, bit "stronger" energized ones last longer-----the limit seems to be around 2000 years. We get no older "ghosts" than that.

• Dr. NG

I'd love to find out where those stats came from.

• Gary K

I don't think ghosts exist at all, let alone fade away over time.

What are you proposing they consist of, and/or what would be the mechanism by which they fade away? 

• 2 months agoReport

English Guy
      Sorry, nothing written here for your attention bum boy. When you get turned on, does your @ss get wet?

A little thought in my mind takes it as a possibility. One time, I thought about a nuclear explosion - if energy beings would be affected by that or not. As long as we do not have a connection to this dimension it will last a mystery.

• Dr. NG

It's my hope ghosts fade away. In fact, I'd like to see superstition in all it's forms fade away. Certainly, Humanity will be better off if it does.

• Mr. P

Maybe it is more of a choice to move on. 

Of the ones I've seen, fear seems a common element. Others didn't want to die that way or are staying for other reasons. Sometimes that reason is just to tell their story if they died alone. They want someone to know how or why they died or that was what they were thinking when they passed. Only a couple were not troubled in any way.

Some spirits are pretty old. I've seen some from around the Bronze age, but this was in an area unchanged since that time.

Most of my sightings are in the city and date from after it was built. One group of 5 were lower than the current floor in a multi-storey car park, and I found that it used to be a warehouse on that spot in the 1700's, so they seem to stay at the level they existed.

• 👻

That doesn’t make much sense.. in any case, what ghosts are is not entirely known, or understood..

Source(s): Believe me, I know..