Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Would "Adolf" make a good name for a german shepherd puppy?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. Even though me Basset Hound puppy be French, I still named him Adolf. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes totally great inoffensive idea and you need to ask the general public about it. I hope this satisfies your need for attention.

• 4 weeks ago

Aside from the bad associations & what a "TURN OFF" the name is - FOR MANY PEOPLE, it is just a difficult (unwieldy and awkward) name to say QUICKLY in case or an emergency situation.  There are plenty of other good Germanic male names possible, such as Rommel, Seitzer, Rolf, Max......

• 4 weeks ago

Why not if it pleases you, ( the dog dont care either what its name is ) I know of two other G.s.d.´s named Adolf here near to where i live these days in S.W. Germany I once owned a Border Collie that i named Cash because she cost me plenty of it. But she was well worth her salt as a sheepdog also.

And then there was ole Boot he was a Lurcher and sheepdog that was very fond of stealing my working boots and hiding them under his bedding.... Any name you like is acceptable its your dog kid you name it.....And good luck to you and the dog also eh. the best names for dogs i.m.h.o. contain only 2 sylables as they respond to such names more readily in my experience

Attachment image
    Source(s): Just an ole shepherd his working dogs and stock........ His name was gonna be Wolfgang. til i persuaded my German wife that Eric suits him much better.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Trisha
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

You do realize that name is outlawed in Germany, don't you?

• 4 weeks ago

You mean the imaginary German Shepherd you already told us about?  I thought pets weren't allowed in your trailer park and your crackhead mother can't afford one, TROLL?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

no, give him another name

• 4 weeks ago

Adolf might come off with the wrong message. However there are other adorable German names like Alfred or Dieter.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Just name him "HickIa" or something that wiII reaIIy piss off the SJWs xD

• 4 weeks ago

No and you already know it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.