promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Do all men feel faint at their wedding?

I've heard men say they were sweaty and faint standing there so long waiting for the bride at the end of the aisle.  Is this the norm?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

As you feel your freedom fade away.... you almost... ALMOST... go with it. This is what you feel. Alas, you remain.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

well if she's fat then she has to walk slow.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think the men get a lot more nervous than the women, because they're not thinking about their dresses, flowers, hair, etc.  All of a sudden, they realize their lives are about to change.  I've seen a couple of men actually faint away at the altar.  My husband, who is a big, strong police officer, had broken out in a sweat and was pale and shaking  by the time I got down the aisle.  Thankfully, the priest noticed it and began the ceremony with some jokes to set him at ease.  The fact that we could sit on stools and then kneel helped a lot, because I don't think he would have made it through, otherwise.  I don't know if it's the norm or not. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I've heard that too they thought they were going to pass out...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Nope, only the faint of heart.

• GB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It might be because they had the stag night the day before, and or did not have breakfast on their wedding day.

• Candi
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

This is because they are thinking about all of the things that might go wrong which is natural but maybe if they focus on their moment or the whole event instead of rehearsing the things they are scared about in their mind. Like when I think about how I wish I was married to someone I just picture their excitement and how proud they are and how accomplished they might feel. This eases the tension.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Can only speak for me, not an issue for me.

• 2 months ago

Everyone reacts in their own way during life changing events/ so yes it's normal. Me= I couldn't sleep the night before and I got really bored so I could not for the life of me stop yawning .

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Faint?   Not necessarily.   Nervous?   Yes.

Even if one isn't getting married, it's pretty normal to feel anxious or uneasy when standing up in front of a crowd of people with everyone silent and intently watching.

This has nothing to do with gender.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.