Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 4 weeks ago

Would it be expensive to put swags on ceiling at wedding ceremony?

I saw an old seventies movie where a couple got married and they had swags on the ceiling.  I hadn't thought of that but I think it's beautiful.  I wonder how much it would cost to get that done at my ceremony at the Church.  Do you think I can rent the swags?  Who would I call for something like that?  What's a good number not to go over as far as pricing goes?  

• Kelly
    Favorite Answer

Many venues will not allow it because it can damage the ceiling (holes, tape, etc).  Many also put lights in them and they can be a fire hazard.

It's not super expensive if you DIY it, but it can be time consuming.  People I know who have had it, it was expensive but because they hired a professional for it.

Again though check your venue to see if they allow it.  Some venues who do your decorating for you, it's possible it's a service (for a fee) that they can offer.

• drip

Yes it is beautiful.  And an added cost that isn’t going to be worth it.  IF you find a church that has the ceiling for it and allows it.  Most churches I have been in have very high ceilings. Regardless of the cost it just would work.

The only time I saw this was at a hotel.  They had huge white tents for the reception and the “ceiling” of the tent was done in silk white swags. 

1. It would be expensive.

2. You would need permission from the venue, and many venues would not allow it, since it would require installation of hangers that would damage the existing surfaces.

• Rick

how would you hold them up ???  Doubt the place will like staples OR tape marks on the ceiling ..........