Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 weeks ago

can my husband give me power of attorney in basic training?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

PRIOR TO Basic...not once he has already reported in.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

He can but trust me, they are a big pain in the butt. Lets say he gives you a General Power of Attorney so, in theory, you can do everything. Well no one will accept it. They will want a specific power of attorney to do that one bit of business you have with them, so he can not come back later and claim fraud. It is just as easy to FED EX the forms over to him, have him sign it with a notary and send them back.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Do it before he leaves. 

• NWIP
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No he cannot give it to you while there. For you to get any information from the military including his pay you would need to have a specific POA. 

The first pay will just be Basic and have up to $300 for necessities he needed to buy. It can take 4-7 weeks to appear but will be backdated to the date he started. After that pay is on the 15th and 1st of each month. The second pay will include BAH and FSA both prorated. 

Before he left he should have spoken to all companies to make arrangements for late payments. Most will work with those going into the military 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

He wont be permitted to do so.  His schedule is extremely regimented and they aren’t goi g to given him the permission to skip anything to go to legal, because it should have been done before he left

• John
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

The armed forces get paid twice a month, the 15th and 30th.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It would be better to have a joint account. Or get your name on his account as an authorized agent. Or do it over the internet where no one knows and all you need is the account and password. In years passed, girlfriends would openly sign his name on his check and put it in the mail to pay the bills. If there is no one to complain, it is OK.

• ...Show all comments
    • NWIP
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

It doesn’t matter who he works for, they will give you nothing unless you have a POA.  If he took the joint account info then pay should go in there. First can take a bit 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, because by the power of Greyskull I have the power!

• 4 weeks ago

Your husband may make you power of attorney any times he wishes to do so Likewise, you have the same right.

• jamara4 weeks agoReport

how would i know that he did it if we cant have contact? 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.