Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 4 weeks ago

Is everyone at risk of getting leukemia?

Care to stop spamming your crap?

Yes. But that answer doesn't mean anything. Everyone is at risk of being killed by a meteorite or lightning. Everyone is also at risk of getting a paper cut at some time in their lives.

I guess you are asking about probabilities and risk factors.

• LAN

I see Mr Right is advertising his idiocy once again by continuing to post variations of the same question over and over.  Isn't it sad that he thinks this makes him morally superior to me?

• lala

YES everyone can have leukemi

a even if they have the most healtiest style 

• Bill

yes

simple answer , everyone is at risk of every one of the cancers

It depends on your dna and genes

My husband had leukemia. There was a battery of questions about his lifestyle; doctors continue to seek common threads for each type of the disease.

The only one he had was having worked with a particular chemical wearing the wrong kind of gloves. (We were stripping paint off furniture with rubber gloves instead of neoprene.) There was no definitive link from that; you'd have to be working with that chemical for years for it to be a factor.

While there are certain environmental factors like that (moral of the story: get the right safety gear and use it faithfully), more closely linked was a family history of the illness, with a grandparent dying of it at about the age my husband was at that time and a great grandparent who might have had it.

Anyway, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant didn't exist in his grandfather's day. My husband survived.