Jake asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

My goldfish has a pimple or welt on side ?

I noticed a pimple or welt on my goldfish, the fish seems fine . I did a 75% water change and added aquarium salt to the recommended concentration. The wound looks to have gotten bloodier since this morning. There is nothing that he could have got wounded on , the tank is mostly empty other than the filter and gravel thanks 

SOLVED : Goldfish somehow had a scale missing and it cleared up into a light pink scar within 2 days 

• Bort
    Favorite Answer

The injury looks like a stab wound. It's not a disease or infection. There's a possibility it's from a parasite if you, for some weird reason or somehow, have a parasite like leaches or something in the water with it. 

It most likely ran in to something that caused that injury if there isn't any other animal (maybe a cat fish? or some sort of thing like a leach or a parasite that latches on?) in the tank. 

• Jake2 months agoReport

Only another goldfish.  No parasites as the tank is 3 years old and water changed with clean water