Whats the best used reliable pickup truck  with a 8ft bed under $10k compatible with a 5 wheel 4 season motor home trailer? ?

I am looking for a good used pickup truck so that I can pull my own  5th wheel motor home trailer that's about 2 ton. I need to know if I would be better off getting one with gas or diesel fuel and this will be used all year round.

I would like to get it under $10,000 U.S. dollars of course cause I live in Illinois,United States Of America. I am doing my research first but I am not having any luck. Can you please help me?  

If the trailer weighs 4000# empty, it will weigh at least 5000# once it is loaded, so look for any truck that has minimum 6000# towing capacity with a heavy duty radiator and transmission cooler. I personally prefer diesel Chevy Silverado 2500 for towing. At a $10k cap, it's going to be hard to find a decent one that doesn't have a gazillion miles on it. Good luck. Here's a start: https://www.iseecars.com/used_cars-t5527-used-chev...

• ron h

The problem you're having is that nothing will work for you.  A 3/4 ton truck with a diesel for under $10k. A big gas engine would probably work.  Look at autonation.com or Carmax.com if you don't find anything in local craig's list or local newspapers.   When you say "4 season" do you mean 4 wheel drive?  If yes, that's MORE impossible.   And NO ONE is going to give you year and model when there's nothing possible.  $10k is a BIG problem here.

You could do a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton with a V-8. Chevy, GMC, maybe Ford. I don't have a faith in Chrysler products (Dodge). Do your tranny service (new fluid primarily) and use something like an STP oil additive when towing and do the rear differential service. I prefer an 85W140 in the rear differential for towing or hard service. Works great.

Not fond of diesels since they are a liability in the winter months. Need to buy blended diesel fuel or add a bottle of Howe's to prevent fuel gelling in below freezing temp's.

Ford super duty f series . As long as it's not a 6.0 or 5.4 . Your best bet would be a mid 2000s ford f250 v10 Triton.

• JACK1 month agoReport

can you give me any ideas of what years and exact make and models you suggest please?

• Rick

Ford or GMC ...................

• JACK1 month agoReport

what exact make models and years please