Does this cold weather cause chronic pain for seniors or is it just me ?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Peggy
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

I have arthritis in fingers, one shoulder and one knee and it is far worse in cold weather yet I have a friend who finds that the cold helps her rheumatic pains.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's just you...and only you

• 4 weeks ago

If using turmeric for support, you may want to look into the absorption of what you use. For example, hydro-soluble supplement forms will absorb better.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No not necessary as this can happen to anyone at any age if they had body injury in the past, for example if you have fell and hurt knee or fell and hurt back, or broken a bone etc this cold weather will cause chroic pains in the now or in the future..  My son who fell and broke his leag when he was young and now is in his late 30's get this type of pain every winter. My daughter who fell and fature her arm when she was young and get this pain in the winter. I felll on my knee while walking dog several times and get this pain in the winter..so it can happen to anyone at any age.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Probably does to lots of others as well. Or bodies don't adjust to temperature changes as well as they use to do when we were younger.

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I think  it all depends on the individual and what sort of joint pain they suffer from. In MY case I find my sciatica pain is worse in very warm weather. (don`t ask me why)!!

I have never been good in hot weather and find I feel a lot more comfortable in cooler weather. AS for my creaky knees, the pain comes and goes whatever the weather. At the moment I`m trying a dose of Turmeric each day in the hope it will help. Its no fun growing old!!!!

Attachment image
    Source(s): 74 y/o. Female UK.
  • 1 month ago

It's not just you.   Cold and especially damp weather will affect those who have arthritis particularly.   When it's very cold, but dry, provided the individual wraps up when going out, they should be ok.

• 1 month ago

I am 60, and just went through a week, and a half of temperatures between -45, and -50C.  I felt no pain, other than the cold on bare skin when I was outside.

However, if you have arthritis, cold, and especially damp can produce cold in the joints.  Where I live, that kind of cold actually makes everything very dry.

• I care
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, some do hurt more with their issues  but find good pain cream or use heat pads or cold packs depending on the issues.  Wishing you well.  So far,  only my thumbs cause some slight pain otherwise,  I am not a cold weather person, but I live here.

• 1 month ago

Cold weather has been known to amplify some preexisting chronic pain. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.