Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

KitchenAid Superba Refrigerator isn't cooling?

I have a KitchenAid Superba refrigerator that has stopped cooling. It recently started beeping and making a high-pitched whine, and was slightly warmer than the setting. This morning it seems to have completely stopped cooling. I'm not sure, but I think the freezer maintained the temperature better, but maybe there wasn't enough time to tell.

Model No. kscs25insso2

Thanks y'all, but I think this fella found the culprit. https://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2014/03/how-to-f...

• y

So many things from the condensor coils need to be cleaned to fans going bad, electronics going bad, dampers, defrost. Really need to troubleshoot your particular model to find the most common issues, and work from there.

What you can do is clean those coils, make sure the condensor fan is running, make sure the evap fan is running. Those are basics that you can rule out. The beeping may actually be telling you what the issue is, find the manual and look.

Pull the plug.  Wait 2 days.  Plug it in and see if that fixes it.  No luck, call the fridge guy or if the fridge is old, time for a new fridge.