How do I get bids on my very first eBay auction with zero feedback?

I had to create a new eBay account with zero feedback.  I used to use eBay years ago, but it's been over 10 years and I can't log into my old account.  I have some bird houses that I built that I need to get rid of.  I'm only allowed to post auctions and I'm limited to several auctions.  I listed a birdhouse at $10 with free shipping and the auction ended with no bids.  I'm figuring they will cost me around $10 to ship.  I thought about starting the auction at $1 but I figure someone will wait until the last minute then buy it for a $1 bid and I would have to pay $10 to ship it, kind of like paying someone to take it.  

I've checked other auctions and similar birdhouses are selling for $20 to $30.  Most have a "buy it now" price but I don't get that option.  I have 10 simple birdhouses built that I would be willing to sell for the cost of shipping.  I thought about starting the first 10 auctions at a penny and hope it sells for more than a few cents.  

Would selling birdhouses for a few cents now effect my ability to sell the same item for $25 later?  

Years ago I sold on eBay. Prior to selling I had purchased items and had a feedback from purchases. Once I sold I had no problems.