Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

Why is my car acting up after I just got the sensor fixed?

It is doing the same thing it was doing before. I just got it back on jan 3 and it is loosing power and the engine light is back flashing. I thought I need gas in the car but it seem as it want to power off. I am taking back to the mechanic.

HELP!!!

They wasted your time and money. Pull the OBD2 codes and look them up. Lookit:https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

Likely wasn't the "sensor" in the first place. Might be the plug or wire on the sensor is boogered up so it's not communicating with the ECM properly. Mice, Chipmunks and so on like to chew on wires. The connector or plug on the sensor may be corroded on the inside so it makes a very poor connection with the sensor probes. Went through this on my 1997 Buick Regal. One plug/connector needed to be scraped on the inside and a mouse had taken up residence on top of the ECM and chewed several wires. Lucky I found it when I did.

Car is misfiring.  Go to another mechanic this time.  One with a dealer level scanner.

They made the wrong repair. They didn't test drive it enough you're the guinea pig