ames asked in TravelUnited StatesSeattle · 3 months ago

Train station in Seattle, is a bus or Uber a better option?

taking train to King Street Station from Vancouver, BC. going to Residence Inn at Lake Union

going to Lake Union from King Street Station

Favorite Answer

A bus would cost $2.75 and would take 25-30 minutes including walking about 4 blocks in whatever weather happens to be occurring when you arrive. You'll get to share the bus with homeless drug addicts who smell like a combination of body odor and cheap liquor and if you have luggage you have to lift it up and down the steps of the bus.

Or you can take an Uber for about $12, get door to door service with drop off at the front door of the hotel. Plan on a $2-$3 tip for a total price of about $15.

So, can you afford an extra $12 to save time and have a cleaner point to point ride?

I know I'd be taking Uber if it was me, but I don't know your financial circumstances. If money is tight then the bus will work.

• Mark

Train, by far.  Buses are just annoying (especially since they always stop at the border for an unreasonably long time) and taking and Uber 130 miles would be VERY expensive, not to mention that few Uber drivers would even WANT to travel that far.

• Coffee Drinker

They're not asking bus/train from BC to Seattle, they're asking whether to take a bus or uber from the train station to their hotel.