Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicOther - Entertainment · 4 weeks ago

is pc culture slowly killing creativity/?

I was just thinking about it and in my opinion the entertainment industry has been pretty lackluster lately. Current music doesn't seem timeless anymore, movies are 80% remakes, **** I can't remember the last horror movie I've seen that was actually scary. Even the new video games can't seem to hold my attention like the old games used to, I feel like the quality of original content seem to be not as good as it was in the 90s and early 2000's. Maybe it's the way we consume the content now since everything is so readily available lol maybe its because i'm getting old, or could it be that pc culture is kind of killing creativity. I feel like artist can't just create anyone without thinking about which demographic will be offended, i'm not an artist so I cant say, but do you think that affects the process when trying to create something new or is that just what it seems like from the outside looking in?

• chorle

Not to my evidence by all the new audio dramas I am downloading as podcast that in and art in places like deviant art and music in places like The Funny Music Project and web comics. I would conclude that PC Culture has greatly increased creativity except in Boardrooms where the only creativity involves new ways of extending entry into Public Domain and new ways to exploit customers.

Look entertainment from the past and you will notice that Sturgeon's law was in effect in the past and even decades ago there was more bad than good. 

I'm sure some people will be affected by how offended people get, but there are still plenty of artists who create offensive things regardless. Unfortunately, the consumers are the ones who get to choose who becomes wildly successful, and they tend to choose the worst of the worst when it comes to pop music, for example. On the other hand, some industries require the utmost quality, for example, the firearms industry.

Firearms are expected to safely contain an explosion and accurately fire a projectile, THOUSANDS of times over and over without malfunction, across nearly every single firearm of the make and model. It is so expensive and hard to compete in this market due to what quality is expected, to the point that only millionaires could attempt to seriously compete. (Pop music can be recorded and sold for extremely cheap these days, due to lack of demand for quality/skill and innovation in technology that makes computer programs and microphones more accessible.) So, if music and movie fans just raised their standards, we would be seeing a lot more talent and quality outshine the mediocrity.

Oh Christ I'm so tired of complaints about PC culture. PC culture is not a problem. At all. Not even a teeny tiny little bit. Please redirect your attention toward destroying the Nazi vermin who are in power these days. Thank you.

It probably is in a way.