promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

When should I clean my house?

I am leaving on Feb 13th going to gatlinburg for my wedding and honeymoon.I have 3 weeks left.The reception will be at my house when we get back.When should I clean my house so I won't have to clean when I come back?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Clean it the weekend before you leave - should be fine for the time you are gone if no one is living in the house while you are gone.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

TBH if I were you I'd hand the keys to a cleaning crew and have the entire place detailed to the hilt while I was away.

• Linda
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That is approximately 3 weeks away so you can start now. Make a list of all the things you need to do and then do a little bit every day and by the time you leave, you'll have a clean house. Don't try to do it all at the last minute or you'll be overwhelmed. 

Source(s): Chronic procrastinator until I learned planning ahead saves time
  • 2 months ago

I'd say you have much bigger problems than cleaning your house.  https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The sooner you start cleaning the better.  The answer is Now.  You may end up cleaning before you leave and when you get back home.  You never can be too clean.  Good Luck and congratulations.

• 2 months ago

I would clean prior to your wedding when it is convenient for your schedule. This way, after your honeymoon, you can relax more and concentrate on the party planning.

• 2 months ago

LOL why are you asking whether you ought to clean your house or not? No one else cares except you

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

How much cleaning really needs to be done?  Just some touch up, deep cleaning, carpets cleaned?

If there's a lot that needs to be done, I would start sooner than later then when you return you can just do touch up like vacuuming, dusting, etc. when you return.

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I wouldn’t wait too long. Doing it right before you leave can leave you exhausted for the trip and wedding.

Get deep cleaning done now. Take the time to keep it clean. Then just run the vacuum, dust and clean the kitchen right before you go. 

• Eva
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Clean just before you go. You'll probably have to dust when you get back.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.