ive decided i dont want to walk at graduation. when you graduate would you walk? my family wont be there to support me.?

my family and i dont get along. we dont talk and i stay in my room all day. for graduation i will have noone in the stands and noone to take pictures with or anything. i dont want to walk. i feel uncomfortable. opinons on walking for graduation?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Kelly
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Participating in commencement ceremonies is optional, not mandatory.  

I have a PhD and that is actually the only commencement ceremony I attended, the rest I skipped and I get along fine with my family.  I really only attended that one because my mom got my husband to talk me into it.

My husband being the nerd and scholar he is (he has an MD and 3 PhD's) attended all of his.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

I was planning to skip my PhD commencement until my family said they wanted to attend.  Then I felt I HAD to participate.  My husband, on the other hand, skipped his BA commencement but was determined to attend both of his master's ceremonies.  Go figure.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

You should walk for yourself. It's your education, you completed on your own. 

If you don't want to because of your family, then why not ask them to come. It doesn't hurt to ask.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I did not want to attend graduation and ended up not being able to anyways. I feel that its dumb and unnecessary plus everyone at my school hated me

• audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I didn't. Didn't miss it a bit. Good luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.